Here are 5 simple tips that we need to bear in mind as we travel throughout 2017. If you are serious to make this year a year for you, then you will find these simple actions important. So here they are…
1. Stop trying to please others: you cannot please everyone so stop playing hero. Furthermore, no matter how hard you try some people will still not be satisfied, and they will still have bad things to say about you. Focus on your goals and aspirations, instead of focusing on a life to please the world. Live your life the way you see it fit, and be happy with it.
2. Stop carrying people’s burden: why are you doing this? You are not a burden carrier. Let them bear their own problems. Yes, you can give a listening ear, give your advice and encouragement but do so and move on. You have your own problems to carry. People will take disadvantage of your weakness, so keep your eyes open and let them be responsible for their burdens.
3. Know who you are: as long as you know who you are then it doesn’t matter what others think of you. Know who you are and act like who you are. Don’t pretend to be someone else. Be yourself. Be unique. Be different.
4. Speak up: don’t be afraid to let your voice be heard. Not everyone will want to listen to what you have to say but still speak, because you never can tell when your speech will become a blessing to someone.
5. Stop Overthinking: don’t allow negativity to make you see things more than how they really are. Don’t fixate your mind on the wrong things. When you overthink you will loose focus on the solution because you allow your mind to be corroded with the problem. So keep a positive mindset and stop overthinking.
These are my 5 tips that I will have in mind at all times. I hope you will find them helpful throughout the year.
Do you have any of your own that you can share with me?